Hobgood & Bass LLC is a commercial litigation and dispute resolution firm with nearly 40 combined years of experience in all facets of litigation, arbitration and mediation of business disputes. The principals, T. Tucker Hobgood and D. Scott Bass, have a broad range of business experiences which they apply to seeking expeditious, efficient and economical solutions to their business client’s disputes. The firm also continues its close, regular, professional relationships as Of Counsel with former member David A. Rutherford and Timothy N. Toler. Both have decades of experience and are available to the clients of the firm on an ongoing basis as needed.
Perhaps the firm’s single greatest strength is the ability to quickly assess problem situations, develop potential solution options, and following consultation with the client, to economically, efficiently and expeditiously implement the chosen option thereby providing the client with the best possible solution. Our small size and extensive experience means each client gets immediate, personal attention and tremendous expertise at low cost. There is not another law firm in the region which provides our cost/benefit/expertise/value combination.
The firm is based in Atlanta, Georgia, but has successfully handled matters and tried cases around the United States. Representative matters handled for such clients include:
- Represented international real estate syndicator in multi-jurisdictional dispute against national environmental site assessment company and national insurance broker over environmental loss, ultimately obtaining and collecting multi-million dollar arbitration award.
- Represented national builder in defense of multi-million dollar claims regarding alleged copyright infringement of house plans and designs, including disputes with insurers of builder over coverage.
- Represented national retailer in multi-million dollar dispute involving product recall and scores of product liability claims and lawsuits, including disputes and lawsuits with insurers for manufacturer and retailer, bankruptcy trustee of manufacturer, and coordination of discovery and response by defense counsel around the country.
- Represented national builder in putative class action lawsuits over allegedly defective siding, including action against insurers of builder.
- Represented national retailer in jury trial in federal court in Brooklyn over environmental spill and contamination.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of local car dealership in sex harassment lawsuit.
- Represented largest Applebee’s franchisee in jury trial in federal court in Denver in sex harassment lawsuit.